1. Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your seat belts. The plane ________.
A. takes off B. is taking off C. has taken off D. took off
2. Of the two brothers, Bill is _______ younger one, and he is a quiet boy, ________ that most adults like very much.
A. a, one B. a, the one C. the, one D. the, the one
3. It’s quite ________ some Western politicians why China has given so much aid to African countries.
A. above B. over C. against D. beyond
4. A bright idea suddenly struck me _______ I could use the money I saved to help a poor student in the countryside.
A. whether B. which C. that D. what
5. ― How long will it be ________ President Hu Jintao makes another visit to Russia?
― It all depends.
A. before B. when C. that D. until
6. If it were not for the fact that you _______ sing, I would invite you to the party.
A. couldn’t B. shouldn’t C. can’t D. might not
7. ― Excuse me, Sir. Is the swimming pool open all day?
― _________. Only from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
A. That’s right. B. Yes, of course.
C. Sorry , I’m not sure. D. Sorry, I’m afraid not.
8. In order to work bettering the future, each of us must first of all know our _______ and weaknesses.
A. strengths B. benefits C. techniques D. values
9. The little girl ________ to be a good singer if she gets good training in a music school.
A. wishes B. expects C. promises D. hopes
10. The minister met the workers and engineers _________ on the project in Zambia, most ______ were from Jiangsu, China.
A. worked, of whom B. worked, of them
C. working, of them D. working, of whom
参考答案：1-5 BCDCA 6-10 CDACD