Direction: There are 20 incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C, and D. Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentence. Then blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a pencil.
1. The poor lady was too and distressed to talk about the tragedy.
A. engaged B. exhausted
C. ignorant D. energetic
2. At fist , the famous painting doesn't impress the audience at all.
A. glance B. gaze
C. stare D. view
3. Delegates agree to the plan in , but there were some details they didn't approve.
A. discipline B. theory
C. principle D. nature
4. I took the medicine 10minutes ago, but the bitterness is still in my mouth.
A. scattering B. felling
C. maintaining D. lingering
5. Since the of human history, human beings have been asking questions like "What is the essence of life."
A. dusk B. dust
C. twinkle C. Dawn
6. The eldest son all the family members to discuss how to celebrate the 50th wedding
anniversary of their parents.
A. Clustered B. resembled
C. assembled D. rendered
7. I must leave now, ,if you want that book I'LL bring it you tomorrow .
A. Accidentally B. Incidentally
C. Occasionally D. Subsequently
8. My mother is a light sleeper, to any sound even as low as the humming of mosquito.
A. alert B. acute
C. keen D. immune
9. The newly built factory is in urgent need of a number of skilled and workers.
A. consistent B. conscious
C. confidential D. conscientious
10. As an outstanding scholar, he has become to the research team.
A. senior B. junior
C. indispensible C. independent
11. Sixteen days after the earthquake, 40people, in their village, were rescued.
A. trapped B. confined
C. enclosed D. captured
12. Working far away from home, Jerry had to from downtown to his office everyday.
A. wander B. commute
C. ramble D. motion
13. The finance minister has not been so since he raised taxes to an unbearable level.
A. famous B. favorable
C. popular D. preferable
14. It is unimaginable for someone in such a high in the govemment to behave so badly in public.
A. situation B. position
C. profession D. appointment
15. Information given to employees must be