1. In time you will ___ the beauty and subtlety of this language although it is difficult to learn.
2. John’s attempt to break the world record nearly _____.
D. came to
3. Fortunately they had not been _____ most diseases common to urban populations.
B. cured of
4. With the help of her colleagues, Molly eventually ____ her fear of flying large passenger aircraft.
5. Two weeks ago 300 police raided five houses in southeast London and ____ stolen goods.
6. If the package is wrapped well, we ____ the contents are also wonderful.
7. When he was 26, Mr.Bush was ____ director of the research institute.
8.Some innocent civilians have been arrested and ____ inhumane treatment.
9. He ____ the plan on the grounds that it is too expensive.
10. Suddenly the taxi driver ____ at the side of the road.
11.The opposition party ____ the ruling party of cheating in the general election.
12.He is not to blame; he only did what was required ____ him.
13.Over the past few years, he ____ himself as a leading constitutional scholar.
14.Mr. Ying is one of those happy people who ____ pleasure from helping others.
15.When he eventually ____ the last truck, he pulled over to the inside lane.
16.The officer was ___ of his duties because he had violated strict guidelines.
17.Wales’s opponents say he is making election promises he will be unable to ____.
18.They always ____ what they believed to be right.
B．put up with
.To his great ___ , he was only asked to play a minor part in the film.
20.Grandparents are often tempted to ____ their grandchildren whenever they come to visit.